Sunday, July 25, 2010

Welome to Term 3

We have had an exciting start to term 3. This term our topic is Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We started the topic by burying some rubbish at school. We buried food scraps, plastic and paper rubbish. The children were asked to make predictions of what would happen the rubbish. What do you think will happen?



In maths we were investigating temperature using thermometers.
We explored measuring temperature by clasping our hand around the thermometer, using warm water and using icy water. If was fun!



12 comments:

  1. I love the thermometers. I like measuring how cold the ice was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the food will get dirty and mushy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the plastic will melt from the sum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the ants might eat the
    buried food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the plastic will
    stay there forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that worms and ants will eat the food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the paper will go brown and rot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mrs Moselen for showing us how to make a comment on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the food scaps will rot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think the food will rot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the food scraps will turn into compost.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Like the frog on the blog its awesome

    ReplyDelete