Friday, May 15, 2009

Term 2 week 3

Mrs Smith has been a valuable helper in our class on a Wednesday and Friday. We read to her when she visits us.
Thanks for coming in and helping us Mrs Smith!


In theme this week we looked at the blocks of ice that we put in the freezer last week. We froze a balloon and a glove filled with water. We were fascinated by the size, shape and how the frozen ice felt. We learned that water froze at 0 degrees, that frozen water expands and that ice floats.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.


In strand maths, we have been learning about shapes in geometry. We have been learning to identify shapes and talk about some special features of these shapes. We have an interactive whiteboard called a Mimio in our class. We used the Mimio and drew some shapes by joining the dots. It was tricky using the Mimio pen…….
Can you name some of the shapes that we drew?

6 comments:

  1. Mrs Stewart (our Principal)May 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM

    Hello Room 14, I have been catching up on my blog reading and I can see that you have been very busy sharing your learning online! I liked the stories about Mr Barnes from last term, you learnt such a lot about him! I also liked the pictures you drew of me using KidPix. Your Science experiments with water looked very interesting, I wondered what you were up to in the staffroom that day! Mrs Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to keep the good work we do in Room 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed working with the Mimo pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Rennie-YoungerMay 20, 2009 at 7:53 AM

    Room 14 what a great way to use the mimio board. It looks like you are learning a lot about shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Geometry.From Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned some new shapes like a pentagon and how many sides they have. from Jessica

    ReplyDelete