Monday, October 19, 2009

Safe Walking with Constable Harwood and Constable Bluemel


Last week Police Education Officers Constable Harwood and Constable Bluemel talked to the children about road safety and organised a safe walking lesson. Photos were taken of this experience. To share their learning, the children wrote safety messages on chosen photos that they imported into KidPix. Click on the photos to enlarge them.






































In written language we wrote cinquain poems about safe walking.

Poems read by Georgia, Chloe, Herbert and Nathan


Poems read by Jerome, Jessica, Luke and Aidan


Poems read by Hannah, Gabriel and George.


Poems read by Ethan, Jaz, Tre and Rodney.


Poems read by Casey, Cindy, Angela and Liam.

17 comments:

  1. Constable HARWOOD. I am so happy to see that you have all learnt so much from our walking lessons. I thought your poems were a really cool idea. I look forward to seeing you all again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially liked the bit in the poems about 'sneaky driveways'. Well done boys and girls. You are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love everybody's safety messages. they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Constable Harwood
    Thank you for writing comments about our work. We are pleased that you had a look on our class blog and liked our work. Some of us have been sharing the photos with our families at home. In class we have been talking about how to keep ourselves safe. We hope you can come and see us soon AND keep looking on our blog to see what we have been learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again boys and girls. That's great that your families are getting involved. You can show them the right way to walk if they don't know how. I will look forward to seeing you all again soon. I will be in your school in November so don't be shy come up and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learnt that you have to stay behind the yellow line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the safest place to stand, so well done Casey

    ReplyDelete
  8. we learnt that we should look before we cross

    ReplyDelete
  9. We learnt that walking on the house side is the safest

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Learnt that you look left and right

    ReplyDelete
  11. Herbert so good to see you looking left and right.George that's so right. the house side of the footpath is the safest

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learnt to always walk on the house side. It is much safer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learnt from when Constable Harwood and Constable Bluemel were here, To step away from the kerb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learnt to look left and right carefully when I cross the road.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learnt to always stand behind the yellow line at our crossing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angela you really did learn a lot from our lessons I am very impressed. What a star you are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a sneaky driveway on a busy road.I have to be very careful when I leave home. Many people walk past my driveway everyday.

    ReplyDelete