Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our School Assembly

Welcome to term 4. Our school wide topic this term is

On Friday Room 14 was the last class at school to host the full school assembly for the year. The theme was Keeping Ourselves Safe, as this had been a school wide focus for the term. We performed skits about some of these safety messages:
* Young children need to learn their full name, address and phone number in case they get lost
* Follow safety rules when you are on the internet: don't give out personal details. Parents should be able to see the family computer when children are on it.
* Know what to do if a stranger comes up to you: don't talk to them, get help if you feel scared, go into the nearest shop if you need to and ask for help.
* To know what to do in an emergency: dial 111 and ask for help.
Constable Harwood was a very special guest and spoke to the parents. At the end of the assembly, Georgia presented him with a special 'Safe Walking' book that the class had made filled with poems they had written and safety messages. This was a way to say a "big thank you" for commenting regularly on our blog and supporting the children with positive feedback when they posted their safety comments about what they learnt.
The assembly was a big success! We felt really proud because we were only 6 and 7 year olds and we hosted the assembly by ourselves!!
Many thanks to the parents that came and supported us and to Tayla, Cecelia, Tommy and Callum (year 6 students from our buddy class) who helped us.

Watch and listen to the movie the children have made...



34 comments:

  1. Hi Room 14, I am so proud of you all, the assembly was a great success. Each one of you was absolutely fabulous!! Well done!
    YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Room 14.
    I'd have to say - your assembly was really well worth waiting for. I'm glad you'd kept it a SURPRISE. I thought your skits were so informative and really summed up all the important rules we have been learning as part of Keeping Ourselves Safe. Well done to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt scared when I got to the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt exited when I was in the assembly,And doing some skits.When Georgia handed out the book to Constable Harwood I felt happy for him.When it was the Kung fu fighting song I felt a bit shy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt happy when Georgia gave the book to Constable Harwood. I felt proud when Constable Harwood said Thank you to Room 14

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt proud when I participated in the assembly.My favourite was the Kung fu fighting song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised because my Dad was there watching the assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt excited because Constable Harwood was there watching the assembly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the assembly. When we did kungfu fighting I felt shy and amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I gave the Thank You book to Constable Harwood I think he felt special.When I did the KungFu fighting dance I felt brave and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really loved doing the assembly..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I was the speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt proud when Georgia gave the book to Constable Harwood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I got on the stage I did not feel
    shy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was scared talking in the microphone and doing the Kung fu fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was scared talking in the microphone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. At first me and Angela were scared when we got up on the stage.Then we were fine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was fun doing the Kung Fu fighting song.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I felt a bit scared Because there were lots of parents!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that ninja doing the Well Done Room 14. I felt happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. In the assembly I was Hector. I thought he was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the assemby because
    It was FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Assembly was fun. When we all did Jump Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Safe Walking Book you all made me it is fabulous. I showed my whole family and everyone at work and they all thought it was very cool. I hope you all have a great Christmas and I will see you next year

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thought the assembly was something very special that all those involved can be very proud of. That each and everyone one of you put on a show that myself the teachers and especially the parents thought was very cool. I did feel very special and very lucky when Georgia handed out the book to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was proud of myself because I was on the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Hectors look fantastic and cool because of the drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ive just seen the movie of your assembly, it looked AWESOME!!!
    You are clever 6 and 7 year olds to share those safety messages in front of the whole school.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Constable Harwood we are glad that you showed your friends and family the book and they all liked it. We are pleased that you and the audience liked our assembly. We all hope that you have a wonderful Christmas too and a happy New Year.We think that Santa will bring you a Good Surprise for Christmas. We will look forward to seeing you again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Room 14s voices were loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wish Constable Harwood wiil come back before Christmas! That would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Acting is cool because its kind of like a kids show.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was confident when I did the assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  34. When Georgia handed the book out to Constable Harwood he was Surprised!
    and I was very shy when I did the skits.

    ReplyDelete